Benefits of Membership
IOHA is an ‘Association of national associations’ and therefore provides more benefits and access, than a national association can provide, for example:
- Access to a much wider range of knowledge – with 29 national associations, the ability exists promote the exchange of information about occupational hygiene
- Exchange of information about occupational hygiene among organisations and individuals internationally, e.g. through the organising of international conferences and networking through websites;
- Linkages to other international bodies such as ILO, WHO, ICOH, and IEA which allows the collaboration and cooperation with other societies, national and international organisations
- It is the international voice of the occupational hygiene profession through its recognition as a non-governmental organisation (NGO) by the ILO (International Labour Organisation) and WHO (World Health Organisation).
- International recognition of professional (certification) qualifications through the IOHA National Accreditation Recognition (NAR) Scheme.